Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Little Boy!

My sweet little boy is named Cody. Well he is not so little anymore. LOL =) We found out we were having Cody on February 15, 2005, Brent and I had only been together for about 6 months. My pregnancy with Cody was super hard, I was sick all of the time, had bleeding and lots of cramps and I kept getting sick (colds, ear infections (may I add that was the one and only ear infection in my whole life), but the good thing was I only gained 26 pounds. The weekend before Cody was born, Brent was in Chicago for work (and I kept thinking to myself, I know I am going to go into labor. Thank God I didn't. The night that Brent got home it was about 7:00pm, so we decided that we were going to go to Meijer's. But when I got to Meijer's I had to go to the bathroom and discovered that my water was leaking (I seriously thought I peed on myself) and I wasn't feeling so good. But I decided that I wanted to shop anyways and look at baby stuff and decide what I was going to need for the hospital. However, I couldn't stay in the store anymore, so I made Brent take me home and he went out and I went to bed. At 3:30am on Monday September 26, 2005 I got up went to the bathroom and went pee and my water broke. Of course I yelled for Brent and told him that I needed the phone, he got up and got me the phone and then went back to bed (of course I was pissed at the time, but now I think it is hilarious), I called my mom and she told me that my water did break, and that I needed to call the doctor and get to the hospital. So of course I didn't do that, instead I went and took a shower and packed the baby bag and get ready (LOL). I didn't have anything ready for the hospital because Cody wasn't suppose to be born until the end of October. So can you say I wasn't ready. Brent did call my doctor and said that I was 34 weeks instead of 36 weeks, but the doctor knew what we were talking about. When we finally decided to go to the hospital Brent had no clue where the hospital was or how to get there so I had to give him directions the whole way there. We finally got to the hospital at 7:00am, and they hooked us up to machines and so on. Then Brent decided he was going to go to work to finish the insurance paper work, LOL =). After he left the nurse came in to see if I was dilated past 1 like I was when I got there and I was, I was dilated to 3, which was great because it had only been an hour since we got there. The doctor wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure his lungs where developed, but when they did the ultrasound they figured out he was breach (which is butt down, not head down) so they decided that they were going to have to do an Emergency C-Section. Brent was still gone when they told me that, called him like 500 times in 20 minutes trying to explain to him how to get back to the hospital and so on. He finally got back to the hospital 10 minutes before they were going to take me into surgery! Finally when were got to the room, they strap your arms down so you can't move and try to stop the doctors. I was numb from the chest down which was nice since I didn't feel any pain what so ever, but I did feel the pressure and the pulling and tugging and the doctors jumping on my chest. That was not to cool. I looked over and told Brent I didn't care what he named him because I was going to die, since we didn't have a name picked out. Brent picked his name Cody Allen after his middle name. Cody was 6lbs 4ounces and 21 inches long. Once he was born he didn't cry because his lungs weren't developed and he had to be put in a incubator in the NeoNatal Intensive Care Unit at Holland Hospital. Nobody could hold or feed him or anything for 3 days. Finally on Wednesday I got to hold him for the first I thought he was the cutest baby in the world (all parents think that) and feed him a bottle, he ate 2 ounces. The next morning when we came back he had a feeding tube in his nose, because he wasn't eating again. We finally got a new doctor and he took the feeding tube out and started feeding him a bottle, two days later we finally got to take our little man home. The day we brought him home he weighed 5lbs 7 ounces, it was 78 degrees outside and absolutely beautiful. And now 5 years later he is 38 pounds, started Kindergarten on September 7, 2010 where he is going all day everyday! He absolutely loves school, and can't wait to go everyday, (I love that he loves school and loves going and loves learning). I can not wait to see what the rest of his life has in store for him, I know, no matter what he wants to do with his life he will accomplish me. Mommy loves you Cody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment