Saturday, September 18, 2010

Our Little Princess!!!!

In June of 2007, I found out I was pregnant with our second child. I had an ultrasound in August and we found out we were having a little girl. When they told me that  we were having a girl I told them that they needed to double check to make sure that it was a girl. The reason I wanted them to double check was because Brent's Mother has 6 boys, his grandmother has 3 boys, and all the brothers have boys as well. So needless to say I didn't believe them when they told us that we were having a girl. My pregnancy with our daughter was super easy, the only thing was that I gained about 70 pounds I know that is a lot. I could eat what ever I wanted and I was never sick, I was super tired but that is it. I had a stress-test when I was 37 weeks along, because she was not moving as much as she was suppose to be. I was also measuring about 4 weeks ahead of schedule. I knew that I was not going to have a natural birth, and that I was going to have a c-section. I scheduled the c-section for Tuesday January 15, 2008 at Zeeland Hospital. I was 39 weeks along. The reason that I decided on the January 15 was because my mothers birthday is the 14 and my cousins is on the 16th. We went into the hospital at 9:30 am on January 15 and we had to fill out paper work, get blood work and hooked up to monitors and wait for the doctors to come to the hospital. Finally at noon, the nurses took me back to the surgical room to get my spinal block put in and get me strapped on the table. The about 1210 pm Brent was brought into the room and the doctors came in and started in on the c-section. Finally at 12:30 pm the doctor said OH MY GOD!!! (That is not what you want to hear from your doctor) The reason that he said that was because she was so big! We decided to name her Kayleigh Nicole TenHarmsel she was born on January 15, 2008 at 12:30pm she weighed 9 lbs 15ounces and was 21 inches long. She was an extremely big baby. We stayed in the hospital until Thursday the 17, so I got to go home a day early. The night that we came home, we ended up dropping the kids off and going to go and get our taxes down (LOL crazy I know). The first night home was super easy she woke up twice to eat and then went right back to bed, except I kept waking her up just to make sure she was okay. She completely started sleeping thru the night at 1 week old, so that was really nice/kind of weird. Now my little girl is 2 and half years old. She weighs 28lbs 6ounces and 36.75 inches long. I can not believe that she has only gained about 19 lbs in 2 and half years. I am a very lucky mom, I have two wonderful children, who are best friends!!!! I love both my children so much!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment